The cannabis plant produces plenty of chemical compounds known as cannabinoids; the most common are cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). These compounds have different effects on your body and your overall health. That’s why it’s crucial to understand the differences to reap their benefits.
Difference between CBD and THC
According to Koodegras.com, a store specializing in CBD, one of the distinct differences between CBD and THC is their psychoactive effects. CBD will not get you high once you use it, but THC will have this effect. The store adds that CBD may counteract the effect of THC for some people.
You can use this compound in different forms, such as sublingual spray, transdermal patch, or vapor. You could also use it topically when you buy it in oil or cream form.
But however you choose to use it, CBD will provide several health benefits.
Health Benefits of CBD
Several different studies have suggested that the use of CBD oil can offer pain relief, reduce anxiety disorders, and even prevent the spread of cancer. Here is a closer look at each effect:
- Relieves pain – CBD oil has certain properties that can naturally soothe pain and stiffness, like chronic pain. Additionally, the combination of CBD and THC could be an effective solution to treat pain due to sclerosis and arthritis.
- Reduces depression and anxiety – depression and anxiety can leave negative impacts on your health. Using products that contain CBD can be your natural solution to improve your mental health. But the effectiveness of this treatment depends on the dosage. Make sure that the one you’re using has the right balance of CBD and THC to get the result you need.
- Fights cancer – there are studies suggesting that CBD could suppress the growth of cancer cells and potentially promote their destruction. It may also minimize side effects caused by cancer treatments, including vomiting, nausea, and pain.
- Reduce acne – one of the potential benefits of CBD is reducing the appearance of acne. This compound can reduce the production of sebum that causes acne. This could also help treat acne vulgaris, the most common form of acne.
Popular Products that Contain CBD
Since many studies have suggested the health benefits that CBD brings, there are multiple ways you can consume this compound. There are plenty of products that use CBD as their main ingredient.
These products include the following:
- Drops or Sprays – these products are often in oil form. You can take them using a dropper or spray directly to your mouth. This is one of the quickest ways you can absorb CBD, which can take between 15 to 30 minutes. These products are ideal for treating pain or anxiety due to their fast-acting properties
- Edibles and Pills – you can also consume CBD through a variety of edible products, such as cookies and brownies. There are also gummies and candies infused with CBD so they will be convenient to eat. The compound can also come in pill form.
The results of using products that contain CBD and THC may vary depending on how your body would react. It’s best to consult your doctor before trying any type of cannabinoid to treat pain, anxiety, cancer, or any medical condition.